Shell Omala S2 GX 68 Industrial Gear Oil
20 Litre Drum
Add To Basket
- Shipping Explained
Shell Omala S2 GX 68 Industrial Gear Oil
Shell Omala S2 GX oils are high quality extreme-pressure (EP) oils designed primarily for the lubrication of heavy duty industrial gearboxes. Their high load carrying capacity, protection against micropitting and compatibility with seals and paints, combine to offer excellent performance in enclosed gear applications.
Long oil life through oxidation stability and resistance to thermal stress - leading to reduced total cost of ownership.
Shell Omala S2 GX oils are formulated to reduce the risk of thermal and chemical breakdown throughout the maintenance interval. They withstand high thermal loading and resist the formation of sludge to provide extended oil life capability, even with bulk oil temperatures of up to 1000C.
Excellent wear and micropitting protection.
Shell Omala S2 GX is formulated to have excellent load carrying capacity and micropitting performance, providing long component life.
Gear system efficiency is maintained by optimized water separation performance, corrosion and foam control
Shell Omala S2 GX oils display a combination of excellent water shedding capability, corrosion protection and low foam forming tendency.
Water can greatly accelerate surface fatigue of gears and bearings as well as promoting ferrous corrosion on internal surfaces. Excellent corrosion protection is provided, even in the presence of contamination by seawater and solids.
The oils are designed to minimize the potential for foaming, often experienced in applications where oil reservoir residence times are marginal.
Excellent shear stability, maintains viscosity stability throughout the service interval.
Further system efficiencies are gained through compatibility with popular seals, sealants, and engineering adhesives, to help avoid leakage. Shell Omala S2 GX is compatible with prevalent paint finishes.
Enclosed industrial gear systems
Shell Omala S2 GX technology provides an effective extreme pressure (EP) formulation designed specifically for enclosed industrial gearboxes using steel-on-steel, spur, helical, or planetary gear drives, including highly loaded systems with splash or forced circulation systems.
Shell Omala S2 GX oils are also suitable for the lubrication of non-geared applications, that include bearings and other steel-on-steel components with splash or forced circulation systems.
Meets requirements of:
- AGMA EP 9005- F16 (ISO 68)
- AIST (US Steel) 224 (ISO 68)
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKD (ISO 68)
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKC (ISO 68)
- DIN 51517- Part 3 CLP (ISO 68)
- Fives Cincinnati: P-63 (ISO 68)
SHIPPING IS FREE* for orders of £60 and over
, regardless of the weight of your order.
We've tried to keep all other shipping costs as low as we can.
Carriage starts at just £0.95 (inc VAT) for small items, with our most common courier rate set at £4.99 for orders of 5kg (enough for 5 litres of oil).
- *Free shipping is available for UK Royal Mail, UPS Access Point™ (click & collect) and standard UK courier services (not express / priority / islands).
- Courier surcharges mean we are unable to offer free "to the door" courier shipping from us in Cornwall up to Highlands / Grampian in Scotland - and because we send a lot of liquids, not every courier option is available to us. UPS Access Point™ (click & collect) is available as a free shipping option across Scotland, Wales and England, wherever there is a UPS Access Point™ Location.
- Carriage charges are based on weight - please see our table of carriage costs for full details (although adding an item to your cart and viewing the calculated carriage is often easier!).
- Priority shipping is also available.
How long will it take to get my order?
We give an estimate of delivery dates as you shop and in your basket. The vast majority of items are held in stock and dispatched from our UK warehouse and we'll do all we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
Free Shipping Over £60!
UK mainland, standard shipping*
No Leak Guarantee
We replace any shipping damages
We never like to be beaten on price