Fair Processing Notice for Web Site Users
Opie Oils Limited understands the importance of Personal Data and has the protection & respect of your data as its core.
- We respect your personal data and take its security very seriously.
- We only hold what data we need for the purpose for which we obtained it.
- We delete your data when it has reached the end of its retention period.
- You have privacy rights.
- We are happy to answer your questions. Our contact details can be found below.
This Fair Processing Notice explains how we will use your personal data when you use our website.
Our contact details
Our address is The Fuel Depot, Cardrew Industrial Estate, Cardrew Way, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 1SS
Phone: +44 (0) 1209 215 164
What personal data do we collect about you; how do we use that personal data; what is our legal basis and how long do we hold your data?
When you use our website, we will collect the following personal data about you:
- name, email, phone number and your enquiry via our ‘Contact Us Form’
- IP Address / MAC address when you use the website
- your email address when you sign up to our newsletter and your name if you choose to provide this information
- your name, email address and home address when you register to be a member or have an account with us
- your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, phone number and delivery address contact phone number when you place an order with us
- your vehicle details, if you choose to provide this information on our web site
We need your name and contact details in order to answer your enquiry and we process this data with your consent. We will hold your personal data that we collected to answer your enquiry for six weeks after answering you in case you have additional queries.
We need your IP address and MAC address for security reasons. This is a legitimate activity for a business. We hold this data for 120 days.
We will use your email address to send you our newsletter when you consent for us to do so. You have the right to unsubscribe to marketing at any time. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We will hold this data for five years. Keeping a suppression list is a legitimate activity for a business.
When you make a purchase through the web site:
- We will use your name, email address and delivery address to send you products when you make a purchase through the website in order to perform the contract that is created between us when your make a purchase.
- We will use your name and billing address to authorise card payments and receive payment for your purchase.
- We will share your delivery address contact telephone number with the courier delivering your order. This may be used to clarify delivery instructions, for help locating the delivery address or to arrange access.
- If you consent to marketing, we will use your email address to send you marketing communications. You have the right to unsubscribe from marketing at any time. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We will hold this data for five years. Keeping a suppression list is a legitimate activity for a business.
We will use your vehicle details for the purposes of recommending appropriate products to you via our web site and, if you consent to marketing, via marketing communications.
We can still send you marketing communications if you make a purchase through our legitimate business interests, provided these communications only relate to our own similar products and services; this is call a ‘soft opt-in’. You have the right to unsubscribe from these communications at any time. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We will hold this data for five years. Keeping a suppression list is a legitimate activity for a business.
We hold details of your previous orders for 4 years after your most recent order with us.
We do not use telephone numbers for marketing or for any purpose other than fulfilling your orders or responding to queries or correspondence you send to us.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your personal data with trusted third-party partners:
- delivery couriers
- payment services providers (used to authorise online payments and for fraud checks)
- email and marketing service providers, who help us manage our electronic communications and personalised marketing offers
- suppliers, in instances where delivery of an order is made directly from a supplier to you
In all cases, the data shared is only that needed to provide that service and as specified in our contract with them.
We may use one of a number of different couriers depending on the weight, destination and service of an order. Currently this may be any of: FedEx, Royal Mail, UK Mail, UPS and DPD.
Payment Service Providers
We authorise card payments using SagePay, PayPal and Amazon Pay.
Email and Marketing Service Providers
If you email us, your email will be held on our secure email server hosted at a Node4 datacentre or on one of our Microsoft Office 365 Exchange server email accounts.
To send marketing emails, newsletters and personalised offers, we use the services of Fresh Relevance, Ometria and SocketLabs. In order to provide relevant, personalised offers we will share your name, email address and any shopping history you may have with us. If you have provided us with your car registration, we may use the car make and / or model to make decisions about products that may be of interest; this information may be shared too.
Facebook may associate your browsing and purchasing activity on opieoils.co.uk with your Facebook account. You can find out how to opt out of Facebook remarketing by visiting the Facebook help article "How can I adjust how ads are targeted to me based on my activity on or off of Facebook?" and change your preferences at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/edit/.
We do not usually organise deliveries directly from suppliers to customers. However, in some instances where you order a large quantity or require goods by a certain date, we may arrange a direct shipment from a supplier. In this case, we will pass on your order and delivery details for this purpose.
Do we use any automated decision making?
We do not use any automated decision making.
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA.
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us as most matters can be resolved informally in the first instance. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing the UK's Information Commissioner's Office.
- Rewritten for GDPR compliance
- Added Facebook Pixel information
- Added Amazon Pay as a payment services provider
- Clarified that we may provide targeted advertising using Facebook Custom Audiences
- Added Fresh Relevance as a provider of personalised marketing offers